by Hans Schoenbuchner
The CLChess Tournament Manager program was devised and developed by
management of email chess tournaments. Hans has maintained his program up to
Version 5.00, and now with his permission, Logikk Software
is pleased to continue the development and distribution of his tool.
is now available for
general use. If you have an existing installation and have customized
your table files (.cl* files) then you should either install v6.01 to a
new folder or back up your custom files before installation.
A users manual
in pdf format, written
by Jean-Luc Duriez
is also available
for download or viewing online with a pdf viewer.
Note: The manual is not yet updated to version 6.1.
Current version is 6.01.0074
Sorry - I haven't had time to put together a full change list.
- Fixed bug when resaving a pgn file (Black header deleted)
- Added ability to undo a withdrawal
- Fixed bug when sending email using external client. ('No recipients' message)
- Fixed error when deleting a tournament result.
- Returned # of open matches to Search results list.
- Was not opening the correct file when editing default Comment files.
Changes in 6.01.0049
- Withdrawal and tiebreak procedures changed to match IECG rules.
- Fixed missing install location selection during setup.
Changes in 6.01.0048
- Users can choose either to send tournament reports directly
from CLChess or use their default, MAPI-enabled email client.
- Additional email reports can be sent automatically, including standard
messages to report email address changes, withdrawals, and
- Creates a more organized directory structure for tournament
- Manages the tournament pgn file. Copy and paste in the move list
from the email. Use the 'Clean' function to remove quote characters
('>'), extra spaces, and to fix line wrapping. CLChess adds the pgn
- Support added for tournament round as well as year, class,
- CLChess can now handle tournament numbers with more than three digits,
as long as these tournaments are created using CLChess 6.1.
NOTE: Because of this, tournaments created in version 6.1 will
not be useable in earlier versions. Tournaments created using DFC or older
versions of CLChess will still be useable in 6.1 as long as they use tournament
numbers of three digits or less.
- The search screen result list now displays the last date that a
tournament report was created for each tournament.
Changes in 6.00.0062
- Fixed a bug in the Copy Tournament dialog causing the program
to exit if the Copy was started with no tournaments selected.
Changes in 6.00.0060
- Format of Tournament Check file in rating tools changed from
comma delimited to semi-colon delimited.
Changes in 6.00.0059
- Fixes the Finished/Not Finished checkboxes in the Tournament Search.
Changes in 6.00.0058
- Adds the ability to select individual tournaments in the Copy Tournament
- Registration requirements removed. The program is now freeware, though
users may make a donation to support IECG and/or further development of
New Features for v6.00
- Automatically email tournament reports using MAPI. This will use your
default email program to email the reports as long as the program is MAPI
enabled. For the next version, emailing functions will be expanded and
seperated from MAPI.
- One click withdrawal of players from tournaments. No need to puzzle any
more over what the correct result code should be. Of course, any result
can still be overridden at the discretion of the TS.
- Automatically combine multiple .dat files into one. This function is
accessed from the Ratings form, and is designed to speed the task of the Ratings
- Also for the Ratings official, generate a report of all the players
entered in each tournament in a .dat file. Designed to help identify
unannounced player replacements.
Plans for v6.02
- Internal .dat file creation functions for tournament directors.
- Updated help files, accessible from within CLChess.